Stop. Drop. Run!

Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.
Hebrews 12:1 NLT
Stop. Drop. Run! These are three little words but with plenty of significance for us when we consider these few questions: What was your life like before you met Jesus? What happened when you met Jesus? And, lastly, what's your life like now with Jesus?
My encounter with Jesus was the most life-changing. It made me stop in my tracks. I realised that in following Jesus, I'd have to drop everything I considered as valuable. And then, once I discovered how much He loves me, it makes me run towards Him.
My brothers and sisters, where are you at with God today? Maybe that love for Him has grown cold because you've ignored His voice to stop going down the path that He's warned you about. Or perhaps you're struggling to drop the worries of your life over to Him. Anything in life can become an idol when you spend all your time obsessed about it. Will you come to Him today and drop those cares to Him? He wants to free you so that you can run in His will for your life. Let's be found faithful to run the race He's called us to finish!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's your mind dwelling on?

The hard heart matter

What's your soul listening to?